Tuesday, December 2, 2014

All I Want For Christmas Is A Life I Can Afford

i'd like to visit the doctor
to see what state my health is in
and the dentist
to fix some broken teeth
without
worrying if the bill can be paid

i'd like to find a modest apartment
in a neighborhood close enough to where i work
that i can walk there
or bicycle in the summer
a place with a working kitchen sink
a shower
a toilet
cupboards and a refrigerator
with
room for groceries
without
worrying if the bill can be paid

i'd like a new phone
so i can text my friends
and call my family on birthdays
nothing fancy
without worrying

a job where my hard work is compensated fairly
a community where people look out for one another
a life where death doesn't sometimes seem like a way out

just to know that the bills can be paid
and a little left over to be
comfortable

No comments:

Post a Comment