Sunday, January 18, 2015

Some Bullshit Is Worth Believing In

"you gotta forget about true love, man."
he told me over drinks at my apartment.
"it's made up bullshit,
a marketing tool!
it doesn't exist!"

i'd just broken up with Hannah,
my head was a mess,
and i'd just admitted to him
that all i ever wanted was to find the "one".
he kept unleashing on me.

"you wanna spend your whole life looking for this fairy-tale of a woman.
ohhh, she's nice to you, she respects you,
she'll stay by your side through thick, and thin.
bullshit!
real women are always looking to trade up.
whether it's for a guy with more money, better looking, or a bigger cock.
it doesn't matter what the reason is.
the point is-
the woman you're looking for doesn't exist!
true love-
doesn't exist!"

"well,"
i bashfully began to defend myself,
"that's no reason not to look for it."

"oh?
then why don't you look for God while you're at it?"

i took a sip off my drink, and could only reply-
"i'm not interested in God."

No comments:

Post a Comment