Friday, December 9, 2016

Comic Book Detective Dream

surrounded by borders
everything
including my hands
sketched in black and white pencil

it was most obviously a dream

my dream

so i told her
"hey, i just realised this is a dream. so, if you want me to stop chasing you, i will."

"no thanks," she said

"you don't understand," i exclaimed
grabbing her by the arm
and pulling her back around to me
"i am not a detective!"

she shrugged
"what is your point?"

"my point, sweetheart, is that none of this is real! you don't have to keep running for your life, because you don't really have a life. you can relax! we can just sit here, and talk, ya know, until i wake up."

she winced
"no thanks."

i couldn't believe what i was hearing
that she would rather be hunted down
than to just sit and have a fucking chat

"don't direct your anger at me," she said

i did cast two sneering eyes toward her
but i sank them right back down
to my chest

i knew what she was getting at

she went on, "if this is your dream, and you seem pretty certain that it is, well, this is just you rejecting yourself. if i'm just part of your imagination, that is."

i nodded
"you're right"

i woke up
lifted my head off the pillow
stretched out my lower back
and moved toward the bathroom

as i took a leak
i analyzed the dream
and realised after nine hours of sleep
how tired of myself i am


No comments:

Post a Comment